St. Monica’s Primary actively encourages parents to participate in school programs.
Classroom assistance is requested by teachers early in the school year. Prior to assisting in the classroom, parents will need to attend a Classroom helpers training course. There are a number of sessions held in February and March. You may like to be involved in areas such as:-
- assisting teachers with the running of class programs (i.e. literacy block, art activities, library sessions).
- hearing children read.
- covering new books.
- typing stories on the computer.
- assisting in library with cataloguing or re-shelving books.
- helping at working bees.
- helping with sporting events, football, netball, swimming and athletics carnivals.
- joining the Parents’ Association or School Advisory Board.
- helping in school tuckshop.
- making of props/costumes.
If you work with children in any capacity at St. Monica’s (e.g. classroom helper, tuckshop, excursions, sports assistance) you must apply for a working with children check. Application forms are available from the WWC Website.